During the course of our programs and activities, the Finance Alliance for Sustainable Trade often collects personal information from our website users, event participants, stakeholders, and other interested parties. Personal information is any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact a specific individual, including name, address, telephone number, email address, or financial information. Anyone from whom we collect such information can expect that it will be carefully protected. Through this policy and other measures, the Finance Alliance for Sustainable Trade is committed to safeguarding this information and respecting to the best of our ability any limitations you wish to place on its use.
- Accountability - The Finance Alliance for Sustainable Trade recognizes that we are responsible for all personal information under our control.
- Identifying Purposes - The Finance Alliance for Sustainable Trade communicate, to the best of its ability, the purpose for which personal information is being collected at or before the time of collection. Where no purpose is stated, the information may be collected for any use towards the planning and implementation of FAST's mission, projects, and services. When personal information that has already been collected is intended to be used for a purpose not previously identified, the Finance Alliance for Sustainable Trade will communicate the new purpose to the individual(s) concerned prior to use.
- Consent - The Finance Alliance for Sustainable Trade will ensure that the knowledge and consent of individuals is obtained for the collection or disclosure of personal information, except where inappropriate, for example due to legal, medical or security reasons. An individual has the right to withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice.
- Limiting Collection - The Finance Alliance for Sustainable Trade will ensure that the collection of personal information will be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by the organization. Information will be collected by fair and lawful means.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention - The Finance Alliance for Sustainable Trade will ensure that personal information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except as required by law. Personal information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- Accuracy - The Finance Alliance for Sustainable Trade will ensure that personal information under our care be as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
- Safeguards - The Finance Alliance for Sustainable Trade will ensure that personal information shall be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of information.
- Openness - The Finance Alliance for Sustainable Trade will make readily available to individuals specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- Individual Access - The Finance Alliance for Sustainable Trade agrees to ensure that upon request an individual will be informed of the existence, use, and disclosure of their personal information and will be given access to that information. An individual will be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
- Provide Recourse - The Finance Alliance for Sustainable Trade agrees to ensure that an individual will be able to address a challenge concerning compliance with the above principles to the designated individual or individuals accountable for the organization's compliance.